I still remember the day it happened. I was busy cleaning my house, when I accidentally ran my vacuum across an extension cord that was powering my entertainment center. At first, everything seemed fine. Then after a minute, I noticed some smoke coming out of the cord. I had accidentally damaged the cable, and the entire area was heating up fast. Fortunately, I was able to unplug the cord before a fire broke out, but I might not have been so lucky. That experience taught me a thing or two about electrical safety, and I want to teach the same things to you.